Friday, December 14, 2007

Suicidal Tendencies: "You Can't Bring Me Down"

Tonight is our last show. People keep asking me if I'm bummed out about the band breaking up. The answer is, no i'm not. At least not yet, because it isn't over. We still have a show to do. Come tomorrow, will i be bummed? Probably, but tonight is not tomorrow.

To be honest, I have no regrets when it comes to Shotgun Sodomy. We had a good run (just a hair under five years), we've written what I can say without ego or exaggeration has been the best music i've ever had a chance to write, we've made a lot of friends and met some awesome people, we've opened for international bands, played a few dates on a national tour, and never once compromised our ideals in the process. All in all, i'm proud of what we've done.

I have no fear of doing a bad show. We know the material well enough, and we work well enough together, that the set being bad doesn't even enter into my mind. What I worry about is doing a set that is just "good". This is the first band I've ever been in that had the chance to do one final show, and the same goes for the rest of the guys, and I want us to go down swinging.

No, fuck that. I want us do go out guns blazing. I want tonight to be the musical equivalent of the final shootout from The Wild Bunch. We won't be around tomorrow morning, but you're going to know we were here.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some ass to kick.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kick it good, motherfucker!