Thursday, April 3, 2008

Some things:

1. Throughout the world, struggling musicians who possess genuine talent wake up in a cold sweat, gibbering madness.

2. I think I'll see *ACTUAL* Chinese democracy before I see a free can of Dr. Pepper.

3. I try to avoid large chain music stores as much as possible. Why, you ask? Because those people are either idiots, soulless, or soulless idiots. I don't expect the people selling the music to know everything about music, but some degree of knowledge is nice. And also, good taste in music (the definition of which is up to my discretion). The last thing I want is music recommendations from some jackoff who thinks Avril Lavigne is like totally the best thing to happen to punk rock, like ever. May you die choking on petulant donkey dong, in the back of your beloved Hot Topic.

4. Bands I've been listening to a lot lately:
Give up the Ghost
Some Girls
Dax Riggs
Agoraphobic Nosebleed


That is all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

1. When I first heard this I laughed. Then I cried a little. Then, even though I possess NO musical talent whatsoever, I gibbered.

2. There's just no way this album is going to be good. On a related note, Velvet Revolver has split up. Hmmm...

3. I went in a large chain music store once and asked where the John Coltrane was (I couldn't find it, the place was a mess) and the moron behind the counter said, and I quote, "Who?"

4. I just listened to the stuff you sent and I declare it good.

I've been listening to a lot of female lady chick music recently. What's that all about?

On the music front there are new albums out from The Raconteurs, Gnarls Barkley and for the first time in 16 fucking years The B52s!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!